Attention: In 2019, the whole lecture will take place in one week (08.-12. April 2019)!
Successful management of material flow systems promises a high potential for realizing new economic competitive advantages. Knowledge of existing methods and the latest trends is a key prerequisite for successfully implementing, refining and disseminating material flow management approaches. The aim of the lecture is to equip the students with an up-to-date overview of the material flow management and its methodology. In this lecture theoretical knowledge is enhanced with practical examples.
- understands basic material flow processes,
- is able to model material flow systems in simple models,
- knows how to determine essential performance indicators like throughput, utilization, etc.
- has the basis knowledge necessary to understand logistic systems,
- knows algorithms and is able to apply them to basic logistic problems.
- Basic elements of conveyor systems
- Key figures
- Branching elements
- deterministic/stochastic switch
- Integration elements
- dispatching rules
- Sorting systems
- Limiting and operational throughput
Queueing Theory and Production Logistics
- Basic queueing systems
- M|M|1 and M|G|1 model
- Application on production logistics
Distribution Centers and Order Picking
- The location problem
- Distribution centers
- Inventory management
- Warehouse construction design
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems?
- Order picking
- Vehicle Routing
- Types of vehicle routing problems
- Linear programming model and graph theoretic model
- Supporting technologies
Optimization of Logistical Networks
- Cooperative strategies
- Supply chain management