Information: The course will be held as an online lecture, i.e. all lectures and exercises will be published on ILIAS. If you would like to participate in the course, please join the ILIAS course by April 09.
Successful management of material flow systems promises a high potential for realizing new economic competitive advantages. Knowledge of existing methods and the latest trends is a key prerequisite for successfully implementing, refining and disseminating material flow management approaches. The aim of the lecture is to equip the students with an up-to-date overview of the material flow management and its methodology. In this lecture theoretical knowledge is enhanced with practical examples.
- understands basic material flow processes,
- is able to model material flow systems in simple models,
- knows how to determine essential performance indicators like throughput, utilization, etc.
- has the basis knowledge necessary to understand logistic systems,
- knows algorithms and is able to apply them to basic logistic problems.
- Basic elements of conveyor systems
- Key figures
- Branching elements
- deterministic/stochastic switch
- Integration elements
- dispatching rules
- Sorting systems
- Limiting and operational throughput
Queueing Theory and Production Logistics
- Basic queueing systems
- M|M|1 and M|G|1 model
- Application on production logistics
Distribution Centers and Order Picking
- The location problem
- Distribution centers
- Inventory management
- Warehouse construction design
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems?
- Order picking
- Vehicle Routing
- Types of vehicle routing problems
- Linear programming model and graph theoretic model
- Supporting technologies
Optimization of Logistical Networks
- Cooperative strategies
- Supply chain management